Monday, August 10, 2009

Miso Experiment 2: Miso salad dressing


I think the salads at California Pizza Kitchen are simply one of the bests, but it's also $9 plus service for a salad!??

It's not very hard to chop up some vegetables, particularly with the nifty tool to julienne greens that my mother brought me in her last visit. So I've brazenly copied CPK's salad ingredients, and keep a bag of homemade salad leaves in the fridge all the time, for a quick meal. They may include:

Shredded Napa cabbage, fresh avocado, julienne cucumbers, daikon, edamame, carrots, red cabbage, scallions, cilantro, crispy rice noodles and crisp wontons. For the health conscious, I substitute crispy rice noodles and wontons with bean sprouts. Give it a spin in the salad spinner (I love my salad spinner) and plonk in a ziploc bag!

For the miso paste, I continue my experiments with miso (check out the recipes for Chilean Sea Bass and Aubergine 'Dengaku' Style!) - this time, with white miso.

RECIPE: MISO SALAD DRESSING

3 tbsp white miso
1/2 tsp powdered mustard
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
drop of sesame oil

Whisk ingredients together, whisking the oils last.

The quantities are only an estimate. You may adjust them to suit your tastes, but this is what I finally liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment